St Paul’s Sinfonia is a chamber orchestra based in Greenwich and Lewisham, south London. Its concert series has been running since 2004, and in October 2012, the orchestra entered its ninth season of concerts. The Sinfonia prides itself on its wide repertoire, from Romantic symphonies to smaller Baroque masterpieces, and from some of the earliest music for chamber orchestra to brand-new commissions.
We are hugely pleased to announce that St Paul’s Sinfonia has become the Associate Orchestra with the Gipsy Hill Federation of schools. The Sinfonia will be working in partnership with all the schools in the future to further increase the students’ access to high quality music education and professional live performances. Not only will members of the orchestra be working with children on projects in school, but the whole school communities will have the opportunity to attend our performances at discounted ticket prices. There are already plans for a Summer Concert which will feature a collaborative performance including some of the GHF children at a venue close to Gipsy Hill. Watch this space for further details!
- Change of programme – and soloist!
- St Paul’s and New Sussex Opera – Best of the Year!
- 4-star review from Daily Telegraph for Edgar!
- Lovely review of our Otello performance
- 2012-13 season announced!
- St Paul’s Sinfonia to play for New Sussex Opera, October 2012
- Great concert reviews on Seen and Heard
- TCM Composition Prize won by composer Litha Efthymiou